Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fatherhood does not come with a manual. I wish it did , because I'm sure I made some mistakes...The picture to the right is of a guy named Archie Horton SR..He was a very special Man..and yes he was my father.I can't begin to tell you about him in this this short blog. I would need to write a novel just to scratch the surface..He lived a rich life with many experiences..and he taught me many things. One of them was to fight..It was like, He knew that I would need it someday.If I did not know how to fight I would not be blogging here tonight..I would have been dead. Yes dead. I have been in a few of those type fights...Let's just say I was the adventurous type...And some of my adventures put me in some rough areas..I did not come away unmarked..but one never does in a real fight..In teaching me to fight he was also teaching me a skill to earn a living..I teach others, what he taught me...It was His special gift to me..I think he taught many people..many different things...not all of it was fighting..It takes more than fighting to survive..When I pass from this earth I wonder how my Children will judge me..If they judge me half the Man my Father was..I will be satisfied...God Bless you Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment